Thursday 15 September 2016

 preparing to talk at #BaNES full council meeting on buses. I was asked at very short notice to read a speech at B&NES full council meeting yesterday. I was asked to read somebody else's long speech in 3 minutes which I knew I had no time to do. I took the very bold move after addressing my audience and said I assume that you have all read this paper before this meeting and went with my own on the 267.
I started with the West of England devolution deal
How much per head that they fund and how much they get back in customer spending
The affects on low paid workers. Managed to get in that it will cost commuters who work unsociable hours an extra £22.20 to get to work by train.
Lack of consultation notices
Length of their consultation period ( 3 weeks ) Wiltshire's consultation ran for 3 months and SCC for a month and a half



No comments:

Post a Comment